Whether it’s due to aging, injury, illness, disability or surgery, sometimes older adults need an extra helping hand. That’s where we come in.
- Medication reminders
- Grooming / hygiene
- Standby assistance for morning and evening routines
- Mental (cognitive) stimulation – through conversation, books, games, help with answering letters and emails, arts and crafts, etc.
In the home
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping / tidying up
- Laundering clothes / changing linens
- Light gardening / plant watering
- Assistance with mail
- Pet care
- Safety supervision
- Planning (and reminders) for appointments, special events, birthdays
- Groceries and shopping
- Transportation / accompaniment to doctor visits
- Running errands
- Movie and dinner nights
- Transportation to family events, church, luncheons, meetings, grandchildren’s sporting events, the mall, museums, etc.
- Standing in when caregivers need a break
Alzheimer’s / Dementia Care *
- Keeping seniors safe
- Engaging seniors in their environment
- Managing behavioral symptoms
* Our staff members have received professional training in how to provide quality care to patients with Alzheimer’s and dementia. GraceFul Care President Daniel Flavin is a Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP), having earned the certification through coursework in Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care through the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners.